Contribute to project
Think you found a bug? Got some code you think would fit in the library? Or do you have idea how to optimize some important method or make it more flexible, powerful or faster?
You can contribute to the project at GitHub
This site is a part of bsc and libbsc, a program and a library for lossless data compression. bsc is a high performance file compressor based on lossless, block-sorting data compression algorithms. libbsc is a library based on bsc, it uses the same algorithms as bsc and enables you to compress memory blocks.
- The source code is available under Apache License Version 2.0.
- GPU acceleration using NVIDIA CUDA technology.
- 64 bit and multi-core systems support.
- Highly optimized code and C++ interface for superior performance.
- Multiple algorithms that allows software fine-tuning for maximum speed or compression efficiency.
- CRC-32 calculation routine for data integrity verification.
- In-place compression and decompression to save memory.
The latest stable version is 3.3.2, released 24 March 2023
Please note: bsc is a command line program. You need to run it from within a Command Prompt window